How often do you actively engage with your governors, members and trustees (sending the upcoming meeting papers doesn't count)?
As the group of people who are responsible for ensuring the strategic direction of your school or MAT an engaged governing body is just as vital as parental engagement in maximising the outcome for all pupils.
Keeping a governing body engaged in the ever-changing landscape of education is a challenge for any school however MATs have the unique challenge of maintaining relationships over multiple sites which can be geographically some distance apart and have very different needs.
To help with this MATs will often implement a type of link governor system and appoint people to sit across both local and central governing bodies. While this can be a good way to ensure local issues are on the agenda at MAT level and vice versa there tends to be a focus on the negative rather than the positive due to timing restrictions.
We believe it should be simple to engage and communicate with governors on an individual, committee, school or even an entire trusts level.
SchoolCal acts as a hub that gives governors the freedom to access local school and central trust information on any device, anywhere and at any time whilst still providing MATs and individual academies a powerful platform to securely share documents, dates and news.
- Urgent or important communications and reminders can also be sent via push alerts or emails ensuring governors are always kept in the loop, use SchoolCal to
- Promote positive news and successes
- Share key dates, training opportunities and events with governors that can be downloaded instantly to personal calendars
- Upload agenda's, minutes and other important documents which can be shared and accessed on any device
- Manage school and trust wide documentation
- Send messages and emails to all or individual school, committees or even governors
- Apply filters to help governors find information quickly and efficiently during meetings